- DESCRIBE AN 02 ATHLETICS WORKOUT?
- HOW LONG ARE THE WORKOUTS?
- HOW SHOULD I DRESS AND WHAT EQUIPMENT DO I NEED?
- ARE THERE AFTERNOON SESSIONS?
- DO YOU PROVIDE PERSONAL TRAINING OR TRAINING FOR SMALLER GROUPS?
- WILL INSTRUCTORS PROVIDE NUTRITION ADVICE?
- WILL 02 ATHLETICS HELP WITH MY OVERALL FITNESS GOALS?
- WHEN CAN I START?
- Phase I: 15 minutes of low intensity running and stretching.
- Phase II: 20 minutes of plyometric-based drills to supplement stretching and warm-up.
- Phase III: 20 minutes of total body exercises combining strength and cardio routines. The exercises may include crunches, push ups, lunges, sprints, stairs, agility ladder, boxing pads, Thai Pads, and any random combination thereof.
- Wear all-weather gear or layers. The workout takes place RAIN or SHINE!
- Wear good running shoes.
- Always bring a bottle of water.
- If you plan to use an Ipod or MP3 players, make sure that you wear an Ipod/MP3 player armband or wristband.
- 16oz Boxing gloves and hand wraps are recommended. Click the "Registration & Purchase Equipment" link to purchase these items if necessary.
- Familiarize yourself with the workout sessions rules.
ARE THERE AFTERNOON SESSIONS?
We have random afternoon sessions, but our focus is morning workouts. Early morning training is necessary for any serious fitness program, because vigorous morning activity jump-starts metabolism. Individuals who do morning workouts generally see faster results.
DO YOU PROVIDE PERSONAL TRAINING OR TRAINING FOR SMALLER GROUPS?
Yes. We provide small group training as well as one-on-one personal training sessions. Please click the following link: personal training.
WILL INSTRUCTORS PROVIDE NUTRITION ADVICE?
Be wary of boot camp trainers who purport to provide nutrition advice, unless the trainers is also a certified nutritionist or physician. You are probably being misinformed in other areas. It is impossible to develop a general purpose nutrition program. A nutrition program must consider numerous factors such as medical history, food allergies, and dietary needs of an individual. The best nutrition advice is to use your common sense and consult a physician.
WILL 02 ATHLETICS HELP WITH MY OVERALL FITNESS GOALS?
Face it! You have not kept up with a consistent workout plan throughout the year. You started strong at the beginning of the year, but quickly became uninspired. By now you have gained the weight back and then some. You probably have an event coming up which requires you to look your best: a wedding, a class reunion, or a beach vacation. Maybe you are tired of hiding in layers and you want to show some skin. What you need is inspiration! You need to work out with individuals who have the same goal. You need an effective workout routine which supplements what you already know about dieting and living healthy.
Change your scenery! Try an outdoor boot camp workout that serves the three-fold purpose of getting fit, getting sunlight, and getting results. Commit to 50 minutes three mornings per week. Spend the rest of the day being productive and focusing on you.
WHEN CAN I START?
START IMMEDIATELY! REGISTER NOW!!